Glory 30th Anniversary (1989) presented by TCM
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Matthew Broderick
- Denzel Washington
- Cary Elwes
- Morgan Freeman
- Jihmi Kennedy
- Andre Braugher
- John Finn
- Donovan Leitch Jr.
- JD Cullum
- Alan North
Did You Know?
- Many of the first shots of the movie were taken from the 125th anniversary reenactment of the Battle of Gettysburg in 1988, in which up to 15,000 participants took part. The scenes filmed at the Gettysburg Reenactment were fused into the depicted Battle of Antietam scene which was filmed in Mcdonough, Georgia. Viewers can distinguish the two separately filmed locations either by the massive amounts of reenactment troops that were at the Gettysburg event; or by the browner dry summer background of Pennsylvania in 1988, and the greener spring background of Georgia in 1989.
- As Rawlins hands out the Enfield rifles, he calls out each one's serial number. Authentic Enfield rifles don't have serial numbers, but the reproductions do.
- John Rawlins: Where about you from?
- Trip: I'm from around Tennessee. I ran away when I was 12 years old and I ain't never looked back.
- Sharts: What ya doin' since then?
- Trip: I run for President.
- Trip: I didn't win though.
Atom User Reviews
Being that it was the 30th Anniversary it would be restored or a better print to make it worth while. Nope, was like watching a worn out VHS version
I'm a war vet, it made me cry
Glory is, without question, one of the best movies ever made about the American Civil War.
Glory is a strong and valuable film no matter whose eyes it is seen through.