Trivia for Gemini Man
Showing all 31 items
Jump to: Spoilers (3)
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead beat out Tatiana Maslany and Elizabeth Debicki for the role of Danny. Oddly, Maslany had been the star of the Canadian TV series Orphan Black (2013), which has a similar theme.
- Some scenes were shot in Savannah.
- Some scenes were shot in Cartagena, Colombia.
- This is Clive Owen's first collaboration with producer Jerry Bruckheimer since King Arthur (2004).
- Tony Scott and Curtis Hanson were attached to the movie in the '90s when Disney was producing the movie. Because computer effects were not advanced enough at the time, the studio cancelled the project.
- This is Jerry Bruckheimer's longest gestating movie.
- This is Jerry Bruckheimer's first film with Paramount Pictures since Days of Thunder (1990).
- This is Ang Lee's second film to be shot in 4K 3D at a high frame rate of 120fps since Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk (2016).
- This is Jerry Bruckheimer's fourteenth production to be filmed in the taller 1.85:1 aspect ratio since Dangerous Minds (1995), although Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017) and Top Gun: Maverick (2020) were Specially Formatted for IMAX 1.90:1.
- This film has no connection with the television series Gemini Man (1976).
- The second trailer released for the movie features the song "Icon" by Jaden Smith, Will Smith's son.
- This is Will Smith's 4th collaboration with producer Jerry Bruckheimer, following Bad Boys (1995), Enemy of the State (1998) and Bad Boys II (2003).
- From 2003 to 2010 Nicolas Cage was attached to the project. It was finally due to go into production in 2008, but Cage convinced Jerry Bruckheimer to work on The Sorcerer's Apprentice (2010) instead.
- Johnny Depp turned it down in 2012.
- The original script was written for Clint Eastwood.
- Actor Trademark: [Philadelphia] When asked where he was born, Henry says "Philadelphia". Smith was born in Philadelphia as well as his famous character The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (1990).
- The burner phone number that Henry provides to Bill is a BC, Canada area code.
- Ralph Brown played a character named Del Preston in Wayne's World (1992) and Del Patterson here.
- Danny is given an axe for a weapon. In Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (2012), Mary Elizabeth Winstead plays Mary Todd Lincoln whose husband wields an axe for a weapon.
- Will Smith, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, and Douglas Hodge have starred in a DC movie. Smith was Deadshot in Suicide Squad (2016), Winstead was Huntress in Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn (2020), and Hodge was Alfred Pennyworth in Joker (2019).
- On the wall behind Clay Verris' desk hang a trio of artworks, Francis Bacon's "Three Studies for Figures at the Base of a Crucifixion" (1944). The triptych was one of the primary inspirations for the look of the xenomorph creature in Ridley Scott's film Alien (1979).
- Clive Owen (Verris) played a similar role in another espionage movie - The Bourne Identity (2002). Except in this movie, he's giving the assassination order but was the assassin himself in Bourne.
- At 1:31 during the DVD extras "Facing Your Younger Self" when Jerry Bruckheimer refers to a conflict between two characters as "the butting heads", the English caption has "the budding heads".
- During the DVD extras Will Smith and Jerry Bruckheimer are the only ones to correctly pronounce "Cartagena". It is "CartaHAYna", not "CartaHAYnya" "Cartagena" not "Cartageña" in Spanish.
- Henry Brogan is a former Scout-Sniper in the United States Marine Corps Force Reconnaissance companies. Force Recon functions as the Marines' special operations component.
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead have both appeared in The DC Cinematic universe
- Ralph Brown and Benedict Wong have both appeared in the Alien Franchises
- Ralph Browns second time he played a character with the first name Del, the other one be in Wayne's World 2(1993)
- Danny (while undercover as a dock clerk) totaled up Henry's bill as $23.46, foreshadowing the plot. In human biology, a fetus inherits 23 chromosomes from each parent, making 46 total for a human being.
- Henry (sniper) and Danny (marked agent) escape hit men from the pier in Georgia aboard a boat named 'Hinkley'. This is a reference to real life, presidential, would-be assassin John Hinckley, Jr.
- In DIA Deputy Director Janet Lassiter's office, she has photographs of herself on the desk behind her wearing a Police Chief's uniform. These photos are seen during the scenes when Clay Varris is talking to her in her office. It is presumed she was with the State Capitol Police before she joined the Defense Intelligence Agency.