Trivia for Gemini Man
Showing all 29 items
Jump to: Spoilers (2)
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead beat out Tatiana Maslany and Elizabeth Debicki for the role of Danny.
- Some scenes were shot in Savannah.
- Some scenes were shot in Cartagena, Colombia.
- This is Clive Owen's first collaboration with producer Jerry Bruckheimer since 2004's King Arthur (2004).
- This is Ang Lee's first sci-fi movie since Hulk (2003).
- Both Clive Owen and Benedict Wong have starred in a Matt Damon movie. Owen was in The Bourne Identity (2002) and Wong was in The Martian (2015).
- Tony Scott and Curtis Hanson were attached to the movie in the '90s when Disney was producing the movie. Because computer effects were not advanced enough at the time, the studio cancelled the project.
- This is Jerry Bruckheimer's longest gestating movie.
- This is Jerry Bruckheimer's first film with Paramount Pictures since Days of Thunder (1990).
- Both Will Smith and Mary Elizabeth Winstead are also in the DCEU, as Deadshot and Huntress, respectively.
- This is Will Smith's second time playing a hitman. He previously portrayed hitman Floyd Lawton aka Deadshot in "Suicide Squad" (2016).
- This is Ang Lee's second film to be shot in 4K 3D at a high frame rate of 120fps since Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk (2016).
- This is Jerry Bruckheimer's fourteenth production to be filmed in the taller 1.85:1 aspect ratio since Dangerous Minds (1995), although Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017) and Top Gun: Maverick (2020) were Specially Formatted for IMAX 1.90:1.
- This film has no connection with the television series Gemini Man (1976).
- In the the second official trailer, Danny asks Henry if his government has tried to kill him before to which Henry replays no. This is most likely a reference to Will Smith's previous role in the film 'Enemy of the State' (1998).
- The second trailer released for the movie features the song "Icon" by Jaden Smith, who is Will Smith's son.
- The release date of "Gemini Man" (October 11th) coincides with the birthdays of Annie James and Hallie Parker from the 1998 remake of "The Parent Trap". Both Annie and Hallie are portrayed by Lindsay Lohan, just as Junior and Henry Brogan are both played by Will Smith.
- Will Smith is actually a Libra, born on September 25th.
- This is Will Smith's 4th collaboration with producer Jerry Bruckheimer (following "Bad Boys", "Enemy of the State" and "Bad Boys II").
- Mel Gibson, Nicolas Cage and Clint Eastwood turned it down.
- From 2003 to 2010 Nicolas Cage was attached to the project. It was finally due to go into production in 2008, but Cage convinced Jerry Bruckheimer to work on the live-action remake The Sorcerer's Apprentice (2010) instead.
- The movie was going into production in 2008 but Nicolas Cage convinced Jerry Bruckheimer to work on the live-action remake The Sorcerer's Apprentice (2010) instead.
- Johnny Depp turned it down in 2012.
- The original script was written for Clint Eastwood.
- This marks the first time in a movie that Mary Elizabeth Winstead has been tied up and had her mouth gagged.
- Ang Lee previously directed Hulk. Benedict Wong appeared in Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame, which also featured the character.
- When asked were he was born, Henry says "Philadelphia". Will Smith was born in Philadelphia as well as his famous character "The Fresh Prince" was also born in Philadelphia.
- Danny (while undercover as a dock clerk) totaled up Henry's bill as $23.46, foreshadowing the plot. In human biology, a fetus inherits 23 chromosomes from each parent, making 46 total for a human being.
- Henry (sniper) and Danny (marked agent) escape hit men from the pier in Georgia aboard a boat named 'Hinkley'. This is a reference to real life, presidential, would-be assassin John Hinckley, Jr.