Goofs from Friday the 13th (2009)
Showing all 22 items
Jump to: Spoilers (6)
- (at around 26 mins) New Jersey is a "helmet law" state. Clay was not wearing a helmet while riding his motorcycle. A law Officer Bracke apparently chose to overlook.
- (at around 1h) When Chewie finds the liquor cabinet, the bottle changes from his right to left hand with each sequential shot up until he puts the bottle back in the cabinet.
- (at around 11 mins) When the youngman finds the weed plants in the woods, he smells the leaf of a plant. Actually, it's the flower of the plant (the smokeable part) that gives the famous smell, not the leaves.
- (at around 1h 26 mins) The blood and grime on Clay's face in the shed with Whitney, especially the blood on his right cheek, changes between shots.
- (at around 38 mins) After the verbal altercation with Trent at the lake house, Jenna leaves with Clay Miller, who is carrying a satchel. As they approach Miller's motorcycle, notice how the position of the satchel changes from being strapped around Miller's left shoulder, to being carried in his right hand, and, finally, back to his left shoulder.
- (at around 6 mins) You can clearly see two s reflected in the geek's glasses when he looks up during the campfire scene where he tells them about the Camp Crystal Lake murders.
- (at around 24 mins) It is illegal for patrons to pump their own gas in New Jersey. By law there would have been an attendant on duty and gas would not be paid for inside.
- (at around 1h 5 mins) When Trent and Bree are having sex in the bedroom. Bree is seen sitting up with her hands on top of her head holding her hair. When it cuts to showing Trent's upper body half. You can see Bree's hands by his neck and shoulders. When it cuts back to the same side view as before with Bree sitting on top of Trent as he is laying down. Her hands are all of a sudden back at the top of her head holding her hair. As quick as the shots are shown there is clearly no time for here to get her hands back up that fast.
- (at around 9 mins) Wade explains that GPS unit works by sending a signal to the satellites which in turn respond; in reality, GPS units only receive signals from various satellites and never transmit any signals.
- (at around 26 mins) Clay puts one of his missing persons poster on the back of the Escalade and there's a close up shot of the poster as the vehicle drives away from the outpost store. The ensuing shot is of the vehicle entering the city limits of Crystal Lake, passing by the sign, however there's no poster on the back of the vehicle.
- (at around 45 mins) In the Shoot the Boot scene, when Chewie holds the shoe with the toe towards him, when the camera angle changes he is holding the shoe in the opposite direction.
- (at around 44 mins) When Chelsea is wake boarding, when she first gets up, she is clearly putting her left foot forward () however the first shot immediately after this, her right foot is forward (goofy), yet every other shot she is wake boarding with her left foot forward (regular).
- (at around 1h 5 mins) When Jason is walking up to the house and sees Trent and Bree having sex through the bedroom window, you can clearly see the ceiling fan above them is on and spinning. In the next scene which is a close up of Bree from the waist up, the ceiling fan is not moving at all.
- When Bree films Clay as he enters the lodge with Jenna, the fingers on her left hand change position on her camcorder between shots.
- At around 38 minutes, when Clay is leaving the house, he has his backpack on his left shoulder, when the camera angle turns, he has the backpack in his right hand. When Clay get on his bike, he has his backpack in his left hand and put it on the bike, when the camera changes again, he sits back again on his bike but the backpack is again on his left shoulder.
- Near the beginning, as Clay is going door to door, the old lady makes the comment to him that the locals know where to walk to avoid disappearing. A few scenes later, after clay leave another barn, the worker is later killed by Jason. This would be likely outside of Jason's "territory". The same could be said of Jason killing the kids at Trent's Dad's house.
- (at around 1h 16 mins) When Jason throws Bree out of the house onto the police car, the windshield breaks like house glass. Modern windshields are generally made of laminated safety glass, a type of treated glass, which consists of two curved sheets of glass with a plastic layer laminated between them for safety, and don't shatter so much as crumble.
- (at around 1h 5 mins) When Chewie gets stabbed right under his chin, the position of the screwdriver changes from dead center to far right (away from the camera) so much that you clearly see it's too far over to actually be in him, more like it's on the outside of his neck.
- (at around 46 mins) Chelsea gets hit by the boat after falling off the wake board, and when she emerges from the water, we see her holding her head as there is blood from her head. When she hides under the boat pier whilst Jason is on top of it looking for her, the blood is gone and there is no visible injury.
- Clay can be seen briefly in a few scenes with a fixed blade knife in a sheath on his belt. Not only does he never think to use it to defend himself against Jason, he looks frantically for other weapons in the barn right before Jason crashes through the window behind him. Did he forget that he had the knife?
- (at around 1h 11 mins) When Lawrence gets killed with the ax there is no mistake. Jason throws a double sided ax into Larry's back. Larry falls forward onto logs screaming. Jason then comes behind Larry turning him over and stomping on his body once. this causes one side of the ax to come through his chest. The other side of the ax is still in his back and was never removed. That was the last we see of Larry.
- (at around 1h 30 mins) In final scene Jason's mask strap is ripped hanging off of the mask. Then it is reattached when he comes out of water. But him returning may have been a dream of the final characters. In that case then his mask could be in any condition.