Trivia for Five Feet Apart
Showing all 11 items
Jump to: Spoilers (2)
- The film partnered with Claire's Place Foundation, a charity providing emotional and financial support to families struggling with Cystic Fibrosis. The actors and director worked closely to accurately depict cystic fibrosis in the film.
- Both Cole Sprouse and Moises Arias are former Disney Channel stars and have also worked together in Wizards on Deck with Hannah Montana (2009) and Day Care (2006).
- Julie and her baby are played by Emily Baldoni and Maxwell Baldoni, the real-life wife and son of director Justin Baldoni.
- Claire Wineland worked closely with the leads to perfect the roles of cystic fibrosis patients. Claire died of a stroke in September 2018, right after a successful lung transplant.
- Much of Will's artwork is penned by Caesar Meadows, a New Orleans based graphic artist known for his local strip, Mumbeaux Gumbo.
- Haley Lu Richardson is the fiancee of Justin Baldoni's good friend and Jane the Virgin (2014) co-star Brett Dier.
- The balloons Stella uses for Will's birthday are purple. Purple is the official color of CF patients.
- The director Justin Baldoni guest starred in The Suite Life Of Zack And Cody season 3 episode 17 Foiled Again as Diego the fencing instructor. The Suite Life Of Zack And Cody starred Cole Sprouse as Cody Martin.
- Cole Sprouse and Moises Arias starred together on The Suite Life Of Zack And Cody. Cole played Cody Martin and Moises Arias played Randall in Season 2 episode 3.
- The movie ends with Will leaving Stella after she gets her new lungs so that she may be safe from his germs. In the book, Will and Stella run into each other in the airport months later. Stella looks much healthier, Will is just as sick as before.
- In the trailer, you see Will and Stella standing in the street facing each other smiling. This isn't in the movie, but it is the very end of the alternate ending.