Trivia for Five Feet Apart
Showing all 11 items
Jump to: Spoilers (2)
- The film partnered with Claire's Place Foundation; A charity to emotionally and financially support families struggling with Cystic Fibrosis. Both actors and director worked closely to assure accuracy with the depiction of cystic fibrosis in the film.
- Both Cole Sprouse (Will) and Moises Arias (Poe) starred in popular Disney TV shows (Suite life of Zach and Cody and Hannah Montana, respectively).
- Cole Sprouse and Moises Arias also worked together in Wizards on Deck with Hannah Montana (2009).
- Julie and her baby are played by Emily Baldoni and Maxwell Baldoni, the real-life wife and son of director Justin Baldoni.
- Late Claire Wineland worked closely with the leads on perfecting the roles of cystic fibrosis patients. Claire died in September 2018 after experiencing a stroke right after a successful lungs transplant.
- Much of Will's artwork is penned by Caesar Meadows, a New Orleans based graphic artist known for his local strip, Mumbeaux Gumbo.
- Haley Lu Richardson's fiance Brett Dier acted alongside Director Justin Baldoni in Jane the Virgin.
- Typically, a film would take out any extra "F-bombs" in the script if it turns out they can receive a PG-13 rating--movies with this rating are allowed one "F-word"--but in this film, Stella (Haley Lu Richardson) got away with saying it twice.
- Haley Lu Richardson is the girlfriend of Justin Baldoni's good friend and Jane the Virgin co-star Brett Dier.
- The movie ends with Will leaving Stella after she gets her new lungs so that she may be safe from his germs. However in the book Will and Stella run into each other in the airport months laters. While Stella is looking much healthier, Will is still just as sick as before. The book has more of an open ending as to what happens between them.
- Apart from the ending, the film is practically a word for word translation of the novel.