Trivia for F9: The Fast Saga
Showing all 21 items
Jump to: Spoilers (3)
- Tyrese Gibson released an image featuring Matt Damon. (Possibly fan made)
- Vin Diesel posted a picture on social media, wishing a happy birthday to Jordana Brewster. In the caption, he gave a hint to Brewster's return to the franchise, after her character had been retired in Furious 7 (2015).
- Has been pushed back to May 22, 2020, due to Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Jason Statham starring in Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (2019), a spin-off to the franchise.
- Tyrese Gibson announced on November 1, 2017 that he would not be in this movie if Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson were in it. The two did not get along and Tyrese refused to work with him (November 2017). When Johnson announced that he would pass on this movie, Gibson's participation was ensured again.
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson will not return.
- Kurt Russell is interested in reprising his role as Mr. Nobody.
- Vin Diesel posted a video to social media indicating that filming had begun on June 27, 2019 for this movie.
- John Cena will be the fourth WWE wrestler to appear in a Fast and Furious movie after Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in Fast Five (2011), Fast & Furious 6 (2013), Furious 7 (2015), The Fate of the Furious (2017), and Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (2019), Ronda Rousey in Furious 7 (2015), and Johnson's cousin Joe Anoa'i in Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (2019).
- The first film in the franchise since Fast & Furious 6 to shoot primarily on 35mm film.
- Principal photography wrapped on November 11, 2019.
- Lucas Black marks his return as Sean Boswell in the film. He previously played the character in The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006), and Furious Seven (2015).
- Sung Kang marks his return as Han in this film since Furious Seven (2015), although in that film, he appeared through archive footage only.
- The Ford Mustang driven by Dom Toretto in the trailer appears to be 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500. It is the strongest production car that Ford has ever produced, packing 760 horsepower and 625 pound-feet of torque.
- In the trailer, Dom drives what appears to be a 2020 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Widebody. Its 6.2-liter V8 engine delivers 707 horsepower and 650 pound-feet of torque.
- Sung Kang plays the character of Han Seoul-Oh. The character's last name has been revealed in Fast Five (2011) as a result of a facial recognition software match. This is a reference to Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977) and its sequels that feature a character named Han Solo, played by Harrison Ford. However, both actor Sung Kang and director Justin Lin who has also served as a producer on some of the Fast and Furious movies have stated that "Seoul-Oh" was an alias. Han's real full name is apparently Han Lue. Han Lue was played by Sung Kang in Better Luck Tomorrow (2002). The movie was directed by Justin Lin. Therefore, Better Luck Tomorrow (2002) is a prequel to the Fast and the Furious series, as revealed in an interview with Justin Lin.
- Justin Lin returns as director. He last directed "Fast and the Furious 6" in 2013.
- Lucas Black returns as Sean Boswell.
- Red Digital Cinema paid for heavy product placement of their Hydrogen One smartphone. However, poor sales caused the company to discontinue it and exit the smartphone business in November 2019, after filming had completed but months before the film was to be released.
- Sung Kang is confirmed to return as Han with the new trailer having been revealed today (Jan 31 2020)
- As seen in the first trailer released on February 1st, 2020 John Cena's character is called 'Jacob'.
- Sung Kang reprises his role as Han