Earth vs. the Flying Saucers
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Set your location to find movies & theaters nearby
Hmm... we couldn't find any showtimes for this date and location.
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
Extraterrestrials traveling in high-tech flying saucers contact a scientist as part of a plan to enslave the inhabitants of Earth.
- Hugh Marlowe
- Joan Taylor
- Donald Curtis
- Morris Ankrum
- John Zaremba
- Thomas Browne Henry
- Grandon Rhodes
- Larry J. Blake
- Fred Aldrich
- Nicky Blair
Did You Know?
- Columbia's publicity department created publicity stills using the cut-and-paste technique. The resulting stills of the flying saucers were vastly inferior to the special effects in the film itself. In fact, one of the more infamous stills shows Hugh Marlowe and Joan Taylor standing on top of the water in the middle of the Potomac River.
- Russell makes a tape recording of what he fears will be his last message. He mentions that the flying saucer sound can be found on the same tape, and says he is stopping recording because the machine's battery is running low. For no reason, he then switches the recorder to playback without rewinding. Its off-speed playback then reveals the message in the sound. This means he must have been placing his message on a part of the tape where, if the battery had not run low, it would have obliterated the sound.
- [into tape recorder]
- Russell Marvin: July 16, to Internal Security Commission, re: Sky Hook. Summary and progress report, from project director, Dr. Russell A. Marvin.
- Russell Marvin: My third-grade teacher, Miss Hickey, said I was a quick study.
- Carol Marvin: You're starting something you're not going to be able to finish.
- Russell Marvin: Yeah. Yeah, today I've got a hot date with a three-stage rocket.
- Carol Marvin: And Mrs. Dr. Russell A. Marvin, without whose inspiration and untiring criticism this report could never have been written.
- Russell Marvin: Married two hours and already she's claiming community property!
- [directs his attentions to her neck]
- Carol Marvin: Now that you're married, Dr. Marlowe, you don't have to sneak up on me.
- Russell Marvin: You always did have eyes in the back of your head.
- Carol Marvin: Besides, it's not safe when we're driving.
- Russell Marvin: But pretty...
- Carol Marvin: I thought intellectual giants were supposed to be backwards and shy.
Atom User Reviews
Full Screen Image Viewer