Trivia for Downton Abbey
Showing all 10 items
- Tuppence Middleton (Lucy), Allen Leech (Tom Branson), and Matthew Goode (Henry Talbot) previously appeared together in the movie The Imitation Game (2014).
- Imelda Staunton (Lady Bagshaw) is the real life wife of Jim Carter (Mr Carson).
- The movie is shot in the widescreen 2.39:1 "scope" aspect ratio, unlike the TV series which was shot in 16:9.
- Based on the TV show of the same name, and from the same writer as the movie Gosford Park.
- Allen Leech and Max Brown were both in the TV show The Tudors (2007). Max Brown played Edward Seymour, Jane Seymour's brother. Allen Leech played Francis Derham, a courtier who was killed because of his relationship with Catherine Howard.
- As in this film, in the 2007 film Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007), from the beginning the characters played by Dame Imelda Staunton ("Dolores Umbridge") and Dame Maggie Smith ("Professor McGonagall") were also at odds with each other. One of the things "Umbridge" liked to do was throw around (and hold over others) the names of the more powerful people she had connections with in order to get things done her way.
- The royal visit of George V to Downton Abbey was based on his real-life visit to Wentworth Woodhouse in Yorkshire which was used in the film for the ballroom scenes.
- Max Brown who plays one of the Kings valets played royalty himself. He played Robert Henstridge a fictional English Prince who becomes King on the TV Show The Royals.
- Stephen Campbell Moore who plays Captain Chetwode was married to Claire Foy who played King George and Mary's granddaughter Queen Elizabeth II on the the TV show The Crown.
- In the synopsis, the name of Lord Grantham's dog is Pharoah instead of Isis.