Trivia for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Showing all 10 items
Jump to: Spoilers (2)
- There is a slight chance Spider-Man will appear
- The film and it's title was announced at the 2019 San Diego Comic Con and a day after Benedict Cumberbatch's birthday.
- The film's title is a play on the title of the John Carpenter film In the Mouth of Madness (1994), which itself is the play on the title of H.P. Lovecraft's novella At the Mountains of Madness, published in 1936.
- The film will be a tied in to and take place after both WandaVision (2021) with Elizabeth Olsen and Loki (2021).
- The film will be the first Marvel Cinematic Universe horror film.
- While most MCU films are released under the genres of "Action", "Comedy", "Drama"," "Sci-Fi", and "Fantasy", this will be the first film in the MCU to be released under the "Horror" genre.
- The title is a play on In the Mouth of Madness which is also a horror movie directed by John Carpenter.
- It's the twenty-seventh film of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Director Scott Derrickson teased the appearance of Namor posting a picture of him on social media, deleting it quickly.
- Nightmare is the main antagonist in this film.