Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Clint Eastwood
- Harry Guardino
- Reni Santoni
- John Vernon
- Andrew Robinson
- John Larch
- John Mitchum
- Mae Mercer
- Lyn Edgington
- Ruth Kobart
Did You Know?
- Theatrical movie debut of Josef Sommer (District Attorney William T. Rothko)
- When facing the cross in the park, Harry's shadow first is directly in front of him, then to one side.
- [after a battered crook has accused Harry of beating him]
- Chief: Have you been following that man?
- Harry Callahan: Yeah, I've been following him on my own time. And anybody can tell I didn't do that to him.
- Chief: How?
- Harry Callahan: Cause he looks too damn good, that's how!
Atom User Reviews
Dirty Harry is very effective at the level of a thriller. At another level, it uses the most potent star presence in American movies -- Clint Eastwood -- to lay things on the line. If there aren't mentalities like Dirty Harry's at loose in the land, then the movie is irrelevant. If there are, we should not blame the bearer of the bad news.
Try to get Siegel’s masterful camera rise out of your head: gun-happy Harry looming over his jabbering perp, who screams like a stuck pig as the shot recedes high into a dense night fog. This is not a cop film. It’s a monster movie.