Trivia for Death on the Nile
Showing all 9 items
- This will be the first cinematic adaptation since Death on the Nile (1978) though the Agatha Christie novel was adapted into the TV movie Death on the Nile (2004) in 2004 starring David Suchet as Poirot.
- This movie reunited director Sir Kenneth Branagh and screenwriter Michael Green. They collaborated on Murder on the Orient Express (2017).
- At the end of Murder on the Orient Express (2017), Poirot is told of a "death on the Nile". In the novel "Death on the Nile", Poirot was on the boat before and at the time the first murder was committed. This might or might not constitute a discrepancy, as the "death on the Nile" mentioned at the end of Murder on the Orient Express might refer to a death that occurs prior to the first death in the novel (a separate case-- as n that at the beginning of Murder on the Orient Express).
- Gal Gadot and Armie Hammer were attached to a Justice League movie. Gadot was Wonder Woman in Justice League (2017) and Hammer was going to be Batman in George Miller's cancelled Justice League: Mortal.
- Gal Gadot and Armie Hammer appeared in a Henry Cavill movie. Gadot worked with Cavill on Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) and Justice League (2017) and Hammer worked with him on The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (2015).
- Jodie Comer was not officially signed on when announcements of her casting were released. Due to scheduling conflicts, Jodie Comer will not be in the film as confirmed on Joshua Horowitz's 'Happy, Sad, Confused' podcast.
- The budget on the motion picture is an estimated £120 million.
- Annette Bening stars in Death on the Nile. Michelle Pfeiffer starred in Murder on the Orient Express 2017.Both actresses are to star in thriller, Turn of Mind together in 2020.
- Adam Garcia, who portrays Syd was in "Murder on the Orient Express" as the "Italian Fan".