Death Becomes Her
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Meryl Streep
- Bruce Willis
- Goldie Hawn
- Isabella Rossellini
- Ian Ogilvy
- Adam Storke
- Nancy Fish
- Alaina Reed-Hall
- Michelle Johnson
- Mary Ellen Trainor
Did You Know?
- During the description of the plot to kill Madeline, there was a quick shot of the folder being stamped "case closed" at a desk. Also on the desk was a brain in a glass jar labeled "abnormal" - a tribute to the original Frankenstein, or to the spoof Young Frankenstein (1974).
- When Lisle shows the potion to Ernest, she puts it on a small table. In one of the next shots, the position of the potion is different although she has not moved it since.
- [Helen has a gaping hole in her abdomen]
- Madeline Ashton: You're a fraud, Helen! You're a walking lie and I can see right... THROUGH YOU!
- [watch through the hole while laughing]
Atom User Reviews
Insistently grotesque, relentlessly misanthropic and spectacularly tasteless, Death Becomes Her isn't a film designed to win the hearts of the mass moviegoing public. But it is diabolically inventive and very, very funny.
Death Becomes Her may be crude and tasteless, but it's also irresistibly funny and very well played by Streep, Hawn and Willis -- each of whom suffered career disappointments of late, and each of whom shines in a role that casts them against type. [31 July 1992, p.D1]
This wildly black comedy says that in Hollywood, death becomes everyone. [03 Aug 1992]