Trivia for Dark Waters
Showing all 9 items
- Second film Mark Ruffalo has appeared in dealing with the DuPont family. The first was Foxcatcher (2014).
- Todd Haynes' first PG-13 rated film since Far from Heaven (2002).
- Mark Ruffalo and Tim Robbins were also co-stars in Thanks for Sharing (2012).
- The production name for the film was "Dry Run" which is the name of a place important in the story.
- A few minutes after the first meeting between the farmers and Billott, he and colleagues walk beside the famous Cincinnati sculpture The Genius of Water which is the city's symbol.
- Tim Robbins and Anne Hathaway both appeared in films based on DC comics, Robbins in Green Lantern (2011) and Hathaway in The Dark Knight Rises (2012).
- During one of the scenes set in 1998 a TV in the background is shown playing an episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force (titled One Hundred) despite the show not airing until 2000 and that particular episode airing in 2007
- Anne Hathaway is 15 years younger than Mark Ruffalo.
- Robert Bilott's case involves data from 3M. He uses 3M Post-it Notes to tag documents that came from DuPont.