Trivia for Cyrano, My Love
Showing all 15 items
- International premiere at the Cinemania film festival in Montreal, Canada on November 11th 2018.
- Alexis Michalik, Benjamin Bellecour, Simon Abkarian and Marc Citti had already played together in the Kaboul Kitchen series.
- Golden salamander, public prize at the Sarlat Film Festival--High School Students at the Sarlat Film Festival--Young Jury Prize at the Sarlat Film Festival.
- Written in 1897, Cyrano de Bergerac remains one of the most popular plays in French literature. This is how it inspired many adaptations, in the form of opera, ballet, comic book and of course film, the best known being that of Jean-Paul Rappeneau with Gérard Depardieu in the role- title. The peculiarity of Edmond is to immerse ourselves behind the scenes of the creation of this classic.-The film is the adaptation of the play of the same name laureate of five Molière in 2017. The opportunity for its director, Alexis Michalik, to go behind the camera. A fair return for those who have long carried this project to make a film and turned at the time to the theater, failing to find a director interested in his work.
- Edmond is a project that Alexis Michalik has been wearing for more than fifteen years. The first hit came in 1999 when he saw Shakespeare In Love in which John Madden, based on real facts, tells how, thanks to a pretty muse, the young Shakespeare, then riddled with debt, finds inspiration and writes his greatest masterpiece, "Romeo and Juliet".
- Alexis Michalik then began taking notes and went to see producer Alain Goldman who encouraged him to develop a screenplay. Meanwhile, they were also looking for a filmmaker, because at the time, Michalik did not think to realize the film itself.
- Edmond was shot in the Czech Republic and especially in Prague, where Alexis Michalik and his team disguised the streets to recreate those of Paris in the late nineteenth century.
- Alexis Michalik had spotted Thomas Solivérès in 2008, while the young actor was doing theater in Avignon. The director then went to see him play.
- To turn the scene of the death of Cyrano, Alexis Michalik chose to leave the theater for the natural setting of the cloister of a convent.
- The transformation of Thomas Solivérès into Edmond began with the mustache and then the hairstyle, which was not obvious. This character was losing hair while the young comedian has a lot.
- Original literary source: "Edmond", play by Alexis Michalik, Albin Michel, Paris, 1-9-2016, 324 pp., ISBN: 9782226328724 (the play opened at the Théâtre du Palais Royal, Paris, 15-92016).
- French visa # 147739.
- Awards: * Salamandre d'or (Prix du Public), Prix des Lycéens et Prix du Jury Jeune (Festival de Sarlat 2018)
- This film features an extract from "La Sortie des Ouvriers de l'Usine Lumière" (third version, Lumière catalogue N°91)
- Whereas the movie in Germany is available in a German dubbed version, the clips during the end credits are shown in the original languages.