Contempt (Le Mepris)
- 1hr 43m
- 1hr 43m
Screenwriter Paul Javal's marriage to his wife Camille disintegrates during movie production as she spends time with the producer. Layered conflicts between… More Details »
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes for:
Hmm... we couldn't find any showtimes for this date and location.
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
Director: Jean-Luc Godard
Producer: Georges de Beauregard, Carlo Ponti, Joseph E. Levine
Writer: Alberto Moravia, Jean-Luc Godard
Release Date: Dec 18, 1964
Runtime: 1hr 43m
Screenwriter Paul Javal's marriage to his wife Camille disintegrates during movie production as she spends time with the producer. Layered conflicts between art and business ensue.
- Brigitte Bardot
- Michel Piccoli
- Jack Palance
- Giorgia Moll
- Fritz Lang
- Raoul Coutard
- Jean-Luc Godard
- Bernie Grant
- Linda Veras
Did You Know?
- Producer Joseph E. Levine insisted on the Brigitte Bardot nude scene that opens the film, realizing that it was the only way he could sell a film that he hated.
- It is possible that all "mistakes" in the film that involve visible equipment are intentional, or at least intentionally uncorrected: the film, after all, is about the artificiality of making a film, and the initial credit sequence shows filmmakers shooting the film itself.
- Jerry Prokosch: Whenever I hear the word "culture," I bring out my checkbook.
- [to his assistant]
- Jerry Prokosch: Come here.
- [he places his checkbook on his assistant's back and writes out a check]
- Fritz Lang: Some years ago - some horrible years ago - the Nazis used to take out a pistol instead of a checkbook.
Atom User Reviews
No one has posted a user review yet.
Full Screen Image Viewer