Contempt (Le Mepris)
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Set your location to find movies & theaters nearby
Check back soon for more information.
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
A sumptuously stylish study of a rocky marriage and fraught professional relationships, Godard's unusually straightforward adaptation of a novel by Moravia is also his most hauntingly beautiful films.
- Brigitte Bardot
- Michel Piccoli
- Jack Palance
- Giorgia Moll
- Fritz Lang
- Raoul Coutard
- Jean-Luc Godard
- Bernie Grant
- Linda Veras
Did You Know?
- Producer Joseph E. Levine insisted on the Brigitte Bardot nude scene that opens the film, realizing that it was the only way he could sell a film that he hated.
- It is possible that all "mistakes" in the film that involve visible equipment are intentional, or at least intentionally uncorrected: the film, after all, is about the artificiality of making a film, and the initial credit sequence shows filmmakers shooting the film itself.
- Jerry Prokosch: Whenever I hear the word "culture," I bring out my checkbook.
- [to his assistant]
- Jerry Prokosch: Come here.
- [he places his checkbook on his assistant's back and writes out a check]
- Fritz Lang: Some years ago - some horrible years ago - the Nazis used to take out a pistol instead of a checkbook.
Atom User Reviews
Full Screen Image Viewer