Trivia for Connected
Showing all 14 items
- Sony Animation's 22nd full-length theatrical film.
- According to Sony Animation president Kristine Belson, the film will use an animation style similar to Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018).
- Maya Rudolph's fourth Sony Animation film, after The Angry Birds Movie (2016), The Emoji Movie (2017), and The Angry Birds Movie 2 (2019).
- Originally titled "The Mitchells vs. the Machines".
- Eric André's 2nd time voice acting in a theatrically released animated film, after The Lion King (2019), 1 year prior.
- Danny McBride and Maya Rudolph's third animated film together after The Angry Birds Movie duology which were also produced by Sony Pictures Animation.
- Abbi Jacobson's 2nd theatrically released animated film, after The Lego Ninjago Movie (2017).
- Maya Rudolph and Abbi Jacobson both appeared in LEGO Movie films. Rudolph was in The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part (2019) as the mother, and Jacobson was in The Lego Ninjago Movie (2017) as Nya.
- This is the first Columbia's animated film of 2020s to be produced in 1.85:1.
- The sixth Sony Pictures Animation film to be scored by Mark Mothersbaugh, after Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (2009), Hotel Transylvania (2012), Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (2013), Hotel Transylvania 2 (2015) and Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation (2018).
- Characters were designed by Sunita Balsara and Victor Carlos.
- Sony Animation's second animated film to have the female main protagonist, after Smurfs: The Lost Village (2017), 3 years prior.
- Released in the same year as Netflix's The Willoughbys (2020); both of these movies star Maya Rudolph as a mother figure named Linda.
- The film went through a release date change due to the ongoing coronavirus.