Trivia for Chhapaak
Showing all 10 items
- Film is based on the life of acid attack survivor Laxmi Agarwal, who was attacked in 2005 at age 15, by a 32-year-old man named Nadeem Khan (Guddu).
- Deepika Padukone celebrated her 34 Birthday on the Kapil Sharma show while promoting the film.
- Deepika Padukone visited the JNU University in Delhi after attack on 5th January 2020.Few took it as a promotional campaign for this film and decided to boycott the film.While few supported in her as she had visited the students during the tense situation.
- A day before the films release Laxmi Agarwal's lawyer Aparna Bhat filed a case against filmmakers for not mentioning her name in the film.
- Deepika Padukone along with other acid attack survivors would promote the film.Deepjka Padukone would pretend to be a acid victim and would interact with people to see their reaction against acid attack survivors.
- new pension scheme for Acid Attack Survivor was announced by Uttrakhand state after the films release.
- Film clashed with Tanaji The Unsung Warrior on 10th January 2020.
- Deepika Padukone's debut as producer.
- The lead actor of the movie Deepika Padukone came up with Tik Tok challenge where a girl put on the makeup to look like Laxmi, the acid attack survivor.
- After Talvar(2015) and Raazi (2018), Meghna's next is inspired by the true life events of acid attack survivor, Laxmi Agarwal.