Trivia for Brittany Runs A Marathon
Showing all 6 items
- Originally titled Run Fatboy Run 2, Simon Pegg decided to pass on this role.
- Jillian Bell lost 40 pounds during the filming of the movie, just like her character does during the course of the film.
- The cast and crew actually got to film at the New York City Marathon, making this the first time a non-documentary film crew has been allowed to shoot there.
- Writer-director Paul Downs Colaizzo wrote the script not long after his best friend Brittany completed her first run, and correctly predicted several things, including that she would successfully complete a marathon, and that she would hurt her leg.
- While filming scenes at the marathon, many of the runners thought that Jillian Bell was really running and was being filmed as part of a documentary. Several times other runners stopped to help her during more difficult scenes; she didn't have the heart to explain she wasn't actually running the marathon.
- Jillian Bell worked with a marathon trainer to help her figure out how her running style would look and evolve throughout the film as she goes from a novice to an experienced runner training for a long distance run.