Black Panther Opening Night Fan Event
- 2hr 14m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Atom User Reviews
Such a good movie!
Would have liked a keepsake poster for the fam event.
The movie has a beating heart, and a big one; it’s not just sincere, but that rarest of birds in the jungle of mainstream entertainment, a heartfelt epic.
The actors are all seen to very good advantage. Boseman certainly holds his own, but there are quite a few charismatic supporting players here keen to steal every scene they can — and they do, notably the physically imposing Jordan, the radiant Nyong'o and especially Wright, who gives her every scene extra punch and humor.
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Chadwick Boseman
- Michael B. Jordan
- Lupita Nyong'o
- Danai Gurira
- Martin Freeman
- Daniel Kaluuya
- Letitia Wright
- Winston Duke
- Sterling K. Brown
- Angela Bassett
Did You Know?
- Wesley Snipes wanted to play the Black Panther in the 1990s ever since Marvel approached him with the project, so he went to Columbia Pictures with a script. Given the limitations in special effects at the time, Black Panther's suit would basically be a leotard with cat ears. John Singleton was briefly considered as director, but this never materialized as Snipes insisted on keeping the story situated in Africa, while Singleton wanted to place the character in the USA during the civil rights movement. Another obstacle proved to be the fact that the name 'Black Panther' was still mainly associated with the militant Afro-American activist group. Snipes later worked with Marvel as the vampire hunter Blade in the Blade (1998) franchise, and kept his interest in a Black Panther film, but it never materialized due to disagreements over the script. Ultimately, he got too old to play the part, and Marvel decided to take the story into a different direction within their cinematic universe. Even though he wasn't part of the final project, Snipes has said that he supports the film and Chadwick Boseman's interpretation "1,000 percent".
- When Everett K. Ross enters the interrogation room he has the listening device on his left shoulder. When he leaves the interrogation room, it has vanished. But when the scene cuts to a different camera angle, you can see the listening device again (it is out of focus though).
- Everett K. Ross: Quite the entourage, do you have a mixtape coming out?
- Ulysses Klaue: Actually yeah there is, I'll send you the Sound cloud
- [to his guard]
- Ulysses Klaue: do you have the link?