Trivia for Bill & Ted Face The Music
Showing all 12 items
Jump to: Spoilers (3)
- Alex Winter confirmed on his Twitter account (February 2, 2019) that Bill and Ted was officially happening.
- Samara Weaving won the role of Thea in this movie after Keanu Reeves found out that she was the niece of Hugo Weaving. Keanu had worked with Hugo on The Matrix (1999) trilogy.
- It took just about a decade for this movie to materialize (it was not filmed until July 1st, 2019 (it was not even approved to be made until 2018)), with it having had a script (by Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon) since at least 2010, and certain technical problems in its development (such as problems in searching for someone to distribute it and certain kinds of revisions to its script).
- Will be released 29 years after Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey (1991).
- During filming in a neighborhood in Louisiana, the cast and crew were often greeted by local residents. One day, Keanu Reeves noticed a sign on a lawn that read "You're breathtaking". He stopped, got out of the car, went to the sign and autographed it. After finding out to whom the sign belonged, he went to the family and posed for a photo with them.
- Will be released 31 years after the original Bill & Ted, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989).
- In May 2020, Alex Winter launched a social media appeal for members of the public to submit 30-second video clips of themselves rocking out to a music clip from the film, with some of the clips being selected and used in the finished film.
- This is the first Bill & Ted film to rated PG-13 by the MPA, unlike the two Bill & Ted films were rated PG.
- This is the first Bill & Ted film to be produced in 2.35:1 aspect ratio, unlike the two Bill & Ted films were produced in 1.85:1.
- June 16th Keanu Reeves said this about the movie. "It's funny!" said Reeves, who revealed that a new draft of the script had recently been submitted. "It's about the pressure of Bill and Ted having to save the world and it not quite working out."
- Feb. 11, 2017 Reeves revealed the plot that time is breaking apart so someone comes from the future to inform Bill and Ted they're supposed to write a song to save the world.
- This film will serve as a dedication to George Carlin, who played Rufus in both Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989) and Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey (1991).