Trivia for Baywatch
Showing all 38 items
Jump to: Spoilers (5)
- Jessica Simpson was rumored to have been cast as C.J. Parker.
- Justin Timberlake and Justin Bieber were rumored to have roles in the film.
- Glamour models Keeley Hazell and Kelly Bell were rumored to have auditioned for roles.
- Jeremy Garelick was set to write and direct the film.
- Robert Ben Garant was going to write and direct the film.
- The second film with Dwayne Johnson and Alexandra Daddario. The two worked together on San Andreas (2015).
- Nina Dobrev, Ashley Benson, Alexandra Shipp, Shelley Hennig, Bianca A. Santos, and Denyse Tontz were considered for the role of Summer.
- Kelly Brook was rumored to be in contention for CJ Parker at one point, along with Kate Upton and Charlotte McKinney, but Brook later denied the rumor, though Upton and McKinney remained silent. The role later went to Kelly Rohrbach and McKinney was later cast in a another role in the film.
- Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra to play the main antagonist (Victoria Leeds) in the movie.
- In an interview, Priyanka Chopra said that the role of the main antagonist was written for a man, but the director changed the role and the script upon meeting her.
- Dwayne Johnson is the tenth professional wrestler to work on Baywatch, and the first wrestler turned actor who didn't appear on the show. Jorge Gonzáles, Jimmy Hart, Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Ric Flair, Leon White, Kevin Sullivan, Shawn Michaels, and Torrie Wilson appeared as guest stars on Baywatch (1989).
- Pamela Anderson originally didn't want to appear in the film.
- Baywatch began filming in Florida at the same beach where Lee Hodge worked as a real lifeguard.
- Bill Hader was rumored for the role of Mitch Buchanan.
- Jorgie Porter also auditioned for Summer Quinn.
- Priyanka Chopra has said that she was a huge fan of the original TV series Baywatch (1989) as a girl in India.
- The film was shot in Miami, Florida and Savannah, Georgia.
- In December 2016, Paramount pushed the release date back one week to May 26, 2017, to avoid competition with Alien: Covenant (2017).
- Logan Paul's scenes were cut.
- Ilfenesh Hadera and Izabel Goulart also worked together in Show Me a Hero (2015).
- Zac Efron gave Dwayne Johnson all the names to call him in the movie, like One Direction.
- Dwayne Johnson's character constantly refers to Zac Efron's character Matt as boy-band names like One Direction and NSync. He also calls the character "High School Musical," which were the movies that starred Efron.
- Mitch calls Matt High School Musical. Zac Efron is best known as Troy Bolton in High School Musical (2006), High School Musical 2 (2007), and High School Musical 3: Senior Year (2008).
- Zac Efron's character, Matt Brody, coincidentally has a name in common with two characters from Jaws: Matt Hooper and Chief Martin Brody.
- After scathing reviews poured in from critics and fans alike, Dwayne Johnson tweeted that the film wasn't made for critics.
- Zac Efron's character Matt Brody was rumored to be based on Ryan Lochte after Lochte's scandal when he lost sponsorship deals. On Jimmy Kimmel Live! (2003), Efron told Jimmy Kimmel that he and Gordon came up with the character entirely on their own.
- At one point, Mitch admits he hit rock bottom. "Rock Bottom" was the name of Dwayne Johnson's wrestling finishing move when he was known as The Rock in WWE.
- This is a reboot and a sequel rather than a remake entirely. Pamela Anderson reprises her role as CJ Parker meaning Kelly Rohrbach's character plays her daughter CJ Parker sharing the same name.
- In the scene towards the end of the movie, just before Pamela Anderson makes her cameo, the Icecream cart situated behind Zac Efron and Jon Bass reads "Madan Naashta Corner" in Hindi, which means "Madan Snacks Corner" (Madan is a common Indian name). Actress Priyanka Chopra, who plays the villain, is from India, whose national language is Hindi.
- When Mitch is talking to Brody, Brody refers to Mitch as Aquaman, Jason Momoa starred on Baywatch and is also the current Aquaman in the DCEU.
- One of the names that Mitch (Dwayne Johnson), calls Brody (Zac Efron) is "High School Musical". Efron got his start in acting as a lead in the High School Musical series.
- Dwayne Johnson (Mitch) played father of Alexandra Daddario (Summer) in San Andreas 2015 in which he saves her life.
- USCG Helicopter 6551 is in a few scenes. This aircraft is an active duty USCG helicopter.
- Body Count: 5.
- Pamela Anderson makes a no dialogue cameo right at the end teasing a sequel.
- During one scene Mitch calls Brody "High School Musical", which starred Zac Efron.
- Cameo...David Hasselhoff appears in a scene with this "Mitch" where they interact and call each other "Mitch".
- Pamela Anderson also performs a cameo at the very movie's end but, like the original Mitch Buchanon appearance, all is spoiled from the beginning since their names are listed at the initial credits.
Movie details provided by