Trivia for Audition (Odishon)
Showing all 9 items
Jump to: Spoilers (4)
- When the film was screened at the Rotterdam Film Festival in 2000, it had a record number of walkouts. At the Swiss premiere, someone passed out and needed emergency room attention.
- Heavy metal musician and horror movie director/actor Rob Zombie admitted he found this movie to be the most creepy and unsettling of any horror movie he's ever watched.
- Described by Quentin Tarantino as a "true masterpiece if ever there was one," in a video discussing his favorite films released between 1992 and 2009.
- The music video for the first single of My Chemical Romance (Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough for the Two of Us) had a very similar storyline to the movie, but with a different ending.
- Included among the "1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die", edited by Steven Schneider.
- The paralyzing drug Asami injects into Aoyama is fictional. Takashi Miike said they made it up because the film would have been difficult to finish without contriving such a drug.
- Takashi Miike wanted to end the film at the onset of the torture scene that the film is now famous for. However, one of the producers told him to "be a man and see it through to the end."
- The dog bowl of vomit fed to Asami's (Eihi Shiina) prisoner is in fact the actual vomit of actress Eihi. Takashi Miike claims that Eihi is a method actress and insisted on doing this.
- In the original story that the movie is based on, both of Aoyama's feet were dismembered during the torture scene. However, in the script there was no dismemberment at all. In the final film Takashi Miike decided only one foot should be removed even though it wasn't in the script. He considered his choice to be "splitting the difference".