Trivia for Audition (Odishon)
Showing all 8 items
Jump to: Spoilers (3)
- When the film was screened at the Rotterdam Film Festival in 2000, it had a record number of walkouts. At the Swiss premiere, someone passed out and needed emergency room attention.
- Heavy metal musician and horror movie director/actor Rob Zombie admitted he found this movie to be the most creepy and unsettling of any horror movie he's ever watched.
- Described by Quentin Tarantino as a "true masterpiece if ever there was one," in a video discussing his favorite films released between 1992 and 2009.
- The music video for the first single of My Chemical Romance (Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough for the Two of Us) had a very similar storyline to the movie, but with a different ending.
- Included among the "1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die", edited by Steven Schneider.
- The paralyzing drug Asami injects into Aoyama is fictional. Takashi Miike said they made it up because the film would have been difficult to finish without contriving such a drug.
- Takashi Miike wanted to end the film at the onset of the torture scene that the film is now famous for. However, one of the producers told him to "be a man and see it through to the end."
- The dog bowl of vomit fed to Asami's (Eihi Shiina) prisoner is in fact the actual vomit of actress Eihi. Takashi Miike claims that Eihi is a method actress and insisted on doing this.