Goofs from Aquaman
Showing all 26 items
Jump to: Spoilers (2)
- There is no truth to the rumour that Nicole tried to get Jason to wear Aussie budgie smugglers...
- At the start of the movie, when Tom (Curry) is taking care of Atlanna he uses a bandage over her suit, this would do nothing. The bandage has to be on her skin.
- At the climax of one of the fights between Arthur and Orm, the crowd celebrates looking down while both fighters are above them.
- Although treated many times as the "rightful king" for being the queen's first born, Aquaman had absolutely no claim to the throne of Atlantis, since he is not the king's son. Instead, he is the product of the queen (by marriage) cheating on the king and mating with an outsider.
- Queen Atlanna's trident isn't really a trident because it has five tines. By definition a "tri"dent only has three tines.
- In the 1985 segment of the movie, when discussing names for the baby, Tom suggests "Arthur" after hearing about the current hurricane Arthur on the radio. In 1985 the "A" named hurricane was Ana, in 1986 it was Andrew. Arthur wasn't used as a storm name until 2014.
- There were no black frog men in the OSS during WW2.
- When the Atlantean Soldiers come for Atlanna, when Arthur is three, she hands Arthur to his father. Arthur's hair goes from being short and curly to long and nearly straight then back to short and curly in the span of less than 10 seconds.
- On the scene where Mera and Arthur are listening to the King's message, Mera has her hair straightened, and during the conversation it suddenly appears curled.
- In Justice League, Aquaman tells Mera that his mother left him on his dad's doorstep and left. In this film, it is shown that during his teenage years, he is aware that his mother went back to Atlantis to protect him. Both Arthur and his father has said their goodbyes to her and watched her leave into the ocean. However what Aquaman said was more or less of figure of speech to Mera. As she had to leave him and his father behind for their safety hence he's held a grudge since she never returned.
- The trident of Atlan was said to have been forged with steel from Poseidon. In the movie, the trident was cast. Princess Mera continues using the term "forged" when relating the history even after seeing the broken mold.
- As Arthur and Mera are sailing away from Sicily, much of their dialogue shows them at the stern of the boat, with the boat's wake and the setting sun behind them. The final shot of the sequence, from behind the boat, shows it sailing forward towards the setting sun. The sun (or the boat) has changed location by 180 degrees.
- If Arthur is impervious to "land made" metals, how did he get the scar above his left eye or, for that matter, get tattooed? During his youth Arthur was being trained by Vulko and was probably the one who provided the Atlantean metal to give Arthur his first tattoo. While the scar is the actors Jason Momoa actual scar from previous incident. Arthur could've received the scar from another Atlantean metal during his training.
- Submarines do not make bubbles from the propellers. Doing so make loud popping noises which enemy subs can easily hear thus know where you are.
- When the shark hits the aquarium window the second time, the window starts to burst. However, when all the fish gather together, the window is perfect again.
- When Aquaman raises submarine above water, it should sink immediately due to submarines' diving/ surfacing technologies.
- When Arthur's class visits the aquarium, a great white shark rams the glass in an attempt to defend Arthur. No aquarium has great white sharks as they quickly die in captivity due to multiple insufficiencies in the artificial environments. In fact, the Monterey Bay Aquarium is the only aquarium that has successfully kept a great white shark alive longer than sixteen days - and even then they only lasted a few months.
- During the flight over the desert, Aquaman and Mera appear in a DHC-4 or Caribou. In the real aircraft, the cockpit is above the cargo floor level; the pilot wouldn't be able to see his passengers the way it is shown in the movie. Also, the cockpit is much smaller than depicted in the movie.
- The princess has the ability to control fluid so when attacked in the town why not control the water in the suits to rip them apart.
- When Arthur and Mera are fleeing Atlantis Arthur yells "Bogies on our 6" meaning hostiles behind them. The term for a confirmed hostile aircraft is "Bandit", "Bogey" is the term for an unknown aircraft, one that is shooting at you is definitely hostile.
- When the Russian submarine is hijacked the pirates craft moors itself near the bow, presumable over or very close to the forward escape trunk. The majority of the submarine crew block themselves into the torpedo room, which is directly under the forward escape trunk. The pirates would have needed to go through the torpedo room to reach the command center.
- The hijacked Russian submarine appears to be an Akula class. This class has 8 torpedo tubes but fires at least 9. Reloading torpedoes takes several minutes.
- In the very first scene, as the storm batters the coast, lighthouse keeper Tom Curry is securing a window shutter so it stays open. If anything, he should've been making sure all the shutters were shut to protect the windows from the forces of the storm.
- Upon arriving in Sicily, Mera (who presumably has little experience on land) thinks flowers are for eating--yet somehow knows the custom of throwing coins into a wishing well.
- The Sahara Desert has been a desert for 2-7 million years. Rome was founded in 752 BC. There is no way a message from "before the Sahara [actually] was a desert" could refer to a statue of Romulus erected in Sicily, which itself was not under Roman control until 241 BC.
- When the battle takes place in Sicily, then soldiers are all wearing gear that contains water to sustain them. There is every reason to believe that they are biologically equivalent to Arthur, Mera, Atlanta and Orm, all of whom appeared above water at one time or another without the aid of a water suit. So why did the soldiers need it?