Alien 40th Anniversary (1979) presented by TCM
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Tom Skerritt
- Sigourney Weaver
- Veronica Cartwright
- Harry Dean Stanton
- John Hurt
- Ian Holm
- Yaphet Kotto
- Bolaji Badejo
- Helen Horton
- Eddie Powell
Did You Know?
- A sex scene between Dallas and Ripley was scripted, to show how casually the crew would solve long periods of abstinence. Another reference to this was a deleted scene where Ripley inquires with Lambert whether she ever had sex with Ash. Tom Skerritt later said that he discussed the necessity of the scene with director Ridley Scott, thinking that it added nothing to the narrative and only interrupted the flow of the movie. Scott agreed, and the sex scene was ultimately not filmed, but he revived the idea of crew members having casual sex for Prometheus (2012).
- When Dallas is climbing through the air shafts of the Nostromo, a ladder he uses wobbles.
- [looks at a pen being dissolved by alien's body fluid]
- Dallas: I haven't seen anything like that except, uh, molecular acid.
- Brett: It must be using it for blood.
- Parker: It's got a wonderful defense mechanism. You don't dare kill it.
Atom User Reviews
awesome to have finally seen it on the big screen
I will always like watching this!
Just as Ripley is the female action hero against whom all others are judged, so the alien itself, brilliantly conceived by HR Giger and, equally brilliantly, concealed by Scott and kept in shadow for much of the film, is one of the most terrifying monsters in cinema history.