A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Jackie Earle Haley
- Kyle Gallner
- Rooney Mara
- Katie Cassidy
- Thomas Dekker
- Kellan Lutz
- Clancy Brown
- Connie Britton
- Lia D. Mortensen
- Julianna Damm
Did You Know?
- Originally intended to be a prequel, but the idea was dropped.
- (at around 1h 9 mins) Sign in front of gas station states they accept "LINK", the Illinois government assistance program, where the movie was filmed. "WIC" is the Ohio government assistance program, where the movie takes place.
- Freddy Krueger: You really shouldn't fall asleep in class.
- [scratches chalkboard]
- Freddy Krueger: Hi, Kris.
- [backing away from Krueger]
- Kris Fowles: Who are you?
- [walking towards Fowles]
- Freddy Krueger: You look just as beautiful as ever.
- [raises his glove]
- Freddy Krueger: You have nothing to worry about. This wont hurt one... little... bit.
Atom User Reviews
The back-to-the-beginning approach unimaginatively goes through the motions, offering scant justification for its boring existence, at least from an artistic point of view.
It was boring. So, so, so boring. It doesn’t even give Haley the courtesy of a bad-guy showcase; his face frozen and obscured behind burn prosthetics, he spends most of his time spitting distorted one-liners from the shadows, like some anonymous mob witness on an episode of Dateline NBC. It’s boring and a waste.
By today's standards, it is only medium-bloody, though it's more than usually grim, its young protagonists sullen enough to qualify for the Twilight movies. Yet it affords precious little sadistic pleasure, partly because it dares to lay out more directly the pedophiliac demons plaguing Freddy the serial killer.