A Man for All Seasons (1966)
The story of Sir Thomas More, who stood up to King Henry VIII when the King rejected the Roman Catholic Church to obtain a divorce and remarry. More Details »
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes for:
Hmm... we couldn't find any showtimes for this date and location.
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
Director: Fred Zinnemann
Producer: William N. Graf, Fred Zinnemann
The story of Sir Thomas More, who stood up to King Henry VIII when the King rejected the Roman Catholic Church to obtain a divorce and remarry.
- Paul Scofield
- Wendy Hiller
- Leo McKern
- Robert Shaw
- Orson Welles
- Susannah York
- Nigel Davenport
- John Hurt
- Corin Redgrave
- Colin Blakely
Did You Know?
- Executive Producer William N. Graf originally wanted Sir Laurence Olivier as Sir Thomas More, and Sir Alec Guinness as Cardinal Wolsey, but Producer and Director Fred Zinnemann insisted on Paul Scofield (who had originated his role in the stage play) and Orson Welles in the roles.
- During the trial of More, after the guards at the back of the room turn around to face the roused crowd (1:57:22), they are facing forward again when the Chief Justice speaks, and facing the rear immediately after, with no time in which to turn.
- King Henry VIII: Thomas. I chose the right man for chancellor!
- Sir Thomas More: I should in fairness add that my taste in music is reputedly deplorable.
- King Henry VIII: Your taste in music is excellent. It exactly coincides with my own!
Atom User Reviews
No one has posted a user review yet.
Full Screen Image Viewer