A Hard Day's Night (1964)
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Set your location to find movies & theaters nearby
Check back soon for more information.
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
The year is 1964 and four young lads from Liverpool are about to change the world - if only the madcap world will let them out of their hotel room. Richard Lester's boldly contemporary rock n' roll comedy unleashes the fledgling Beatles into a maelstrom of screaming fans, paranoid producers, rabid press and troublesome family members, and reveals the secret of their survival and success: an insatiable lust for mischief and a life-affirming addiction to joy.
- The Beatles
- John Lennon
- Paul McCartney
- George Harrison
- Ringo Starr
- Wilfrid Brambell
- Norman Rossington
- John Junkin
- Victor Spinetti
- Anna Quayle
Did You Know?
- The word "Beatles" is never mentioned in dialogue. However, "The Beatles" is clearly visible on Sir Ringo Starr's bass drumhead, and on the helicopter in the final scene. Also, the background during the final concert "The Beatles" is in lights.
- Just before the group performs the song "I Should Have Known Better", John is sitting in the livestock carriage, playing with a deck of cards. The sound of shuffling can be heard a moment before he begins to shuffle them.
- George: That's not your grandfather!
- Paul: It is, you know.
- George: But I've seen your grandfather! He lives in your house!
- Paul: Oh, that's my other grandfather, but he's my grandfather, as well.
- John: How do you reckon that one out?
- Paul: Well, everyone's entitled to two, aren't they?
Atom User Reviews
No movie has had a greater impact on the way people looked. The music of course is immortal.
One of the most excitingly contemporary musicals ever made.
Full Screen Image Viewer