Trivia for 355
Showing all 10 items
- All the main actresses are represented by renowned agent Hylda Queally
- The title 355 comes from the code name for George Washington's first female spy during the Revolutionary War who played a major role in exposing Arnold and the arrest of Major John André.
- Simon Kinberg, Jessica Chastain, Fan Bingbing, Sebastian Stan, and Lupita Nyong'o have worked on at least one Marvel movie. Both Kinberg and Chastain worked on Dark Phoenix (2019), Bingbing played Blink in X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014), Nyong'o was Nakia in Black Panther (2018), and Stan is Bucky Barns/Winter Soldier in the MCU.
- The movie is in the vein of the Ocean's series and the Bourne franchise.
- Both Jessica Chastain and Marion Cotillard have worked on at least one Christopher Nolan film. Chastain was in Interstellar (2014), while Cotillard was in Inception (2010) and The Dark Knight Rises.
- The film's cast includes two Oscar winners: Penélope Cruz and Lupita Nyong'o; and one Oscar nominee: Jessica Chastain.
- Bingbing Fan was a suspect in a Chinese tax evasion breakdown, until April 9, 2019 Bingbing was free to film her scenes.
- Originally announced as one of the film's five leading actresses at the Cannes Film Festival in May 2018, Marion Cotillard dropped out of the project on May 15, 2019 citing personal reasons.
- The film was the hottest-selling item in the Cannes market in May 2018. Universal Pictures paid $20 million for U.S. rights, while Huayi Bros. paid $20 million for distribution rights in China. Huayi Bros. walked away amid Bingbing Fan's tax evasion scandal, leaving the project - with a budget said to be $75 million-plus - in jeopardy.
- Fan Bingbing was obliged to pay back Chinese government more than 100 million US dollar after years of tax evasion. She then did an interview with New York Times while calling her own crime's revelation a "low" in her life instead of feeling guilty about it.