We surveyed some of the biggest Star Wars fans in the galaxy to see what’s got them hyped up for Solo: A Star Wars Story. Here’s what we learned:
- Almost 90% of our Star Wars fans audience is (unsurprisingly) planning to go see the movie. And most of them (almost 87%) are bringing family, friends and dates with them.
- By a wide margin, folks are most excited to see Donald Glover take on the role that Billy Dee Williams used to own, Lando Calrissian.
- While that’s particularly true for millennials, gen x-ers kick it a little old school, and are more excited about seeing what Alden Ehrenreich brings to Harrison Ford’s iconic role.
- The universe’s baddest-ass bounty hunter, Boba Fett, is the character everyone is most hopping makes a guest appearance.
- But in addition to Greedo and Jabbo, there’s a nice pocket of people (10%) who would love to see Maz Kanata show up, tying this movie a little more tightly to the new trilogy.
- Who’s next? When asked what other character they want to see get the spotlight Star Wars Movie treatment, it was neck-and-neck between Ben Kenobi and Yoda, but Yoda won by less than 2%.
- Meanwhile, poor 3PO. …Only 3.5% of the fans want to see how C-3PO became fluent in over six million forms of communication.